If you want to close your bank account then you can do that. Usually, people feel that getting the bank account closed is a tough job. But in reality, it is not a tough job at all. The only thing is you should know the process to do it. In this guide, I have explained the process you need to follow to close Cross River Bank account.
About Cross River Bank
|Headquarters||Fort Lee, New Jersey, USA|
|Number of Employees (2020)||300 approx.|
Steps to Close Cross River Bank Account
There is no online method that you can follow to close your account. So you will have to follow the offline method only. I have mentioned all the steps of the offline method below. This guide is written for the people who hold an individual account with the bank. In case if you hold a joint bank account then refer to this guide.
- Open a new bank account for yourself in another bank. (alternative bank account)
- Check your bank account balance for any pending dues or negative balances. (clear if any)
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Locate the nearest branch of Cross River Bank and visit the branch.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the requested details to help them locate your account.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
Note: If you already have an account with another bank then there is no need to open a new one. But if you don’t have one then it is recommended to open a new one before you close down your existing account. If you need help in choosing your next bank then read my list of questions you should ask your new bank before opening the account.
How to Contact the Bank?
The customers can contact the bank by calling them, and also by messaging the bank’s team on the official social media profile of the bank. The below-mentioned details are from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.crossriver.com
- Phone Number: 1-877-552-7255
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/crossriversocial/
- Twitter: twitter.com/crossriverbank
This is the general process that you need to follow to get your bank account closed. When you visit the branch the location of the bank doesn’t get an account closure request form. Then you can also submit a written request to the bank on a white sheet of paper. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing your account too early after opening it then the bank may also charge you account closing fees.