If you want to close your account then you can do it. No one can stop you from doing it, not even the bank. But there is a proper process to be followed. In this guide I will tell you how you can close Country Bank account.
The process is very simple. But don’t recommend you to close the account online. That is because of the high rejection rate. Instead of that you can follow the offline method that I have explained below.
Before you can approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are two things that should be taken care of by you.
The first thing is you need to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then you need to take proper steps to clear those.
The next thing is you need to take care of all the payments that are running on your bank account. It can be an automatic payment or a direct deposit.
The best thing you can do is move these payments to your alternative bank account. By doing this you can make sure that all your payments are running without any issues.
In case if you don’t have an alternative bank account with you. Then I highly recommend you to get a new account opened before you close your existing account.
Steps to Close Country Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps that are mentioned in this guide. And in case if you hold a joint account. Then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Country Bank near you.
- Take your documents with you. (passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document)
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the information to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you need more information, the you can contact the bank directly. You can call the customer service, use the official website. And also message the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.countrybank.com
- Phone Number: 800-322-8233
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CountryBankForSavings
This is how you can close your account. But you also need to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.