There are simply too many reasons why you might have decided to close your account. No matter what is your reason. I will help you out with the steps to close CommunityBank of Texas account.
The steps are very simple. But do not recommend you close the account online. This might sound weird, but the reason is the success rate.
The success rate of closing an account online is very less when we compare that with the offline methods. And that is the reason I ask my readers to follow the offline method.
But before you approach the bank and ask it to close the account. There are a few basic but very important things that you should take care of.
The first one is the negative balance and pending dues. The bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the pending dues and negative balance. So if you have any then pay those off.
The next thing is about your convenience. Once the account is closed by the bank all your payments will start failing. And there is a very obvious reason behind that.
When the account is no longer active all the payments will fail. So before you close your account you have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits.
And you should set them up with your alternative bank account. Here what I mean by the term alternative bank account is an account with another bank.
If you have it with you then that is great. You can proceed further to close your account. But in case if you don’t have one. Then I recommend you open a new one before closing the existing bank account.
There are so many banks in the United States of America from which you can choose. If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then refer to this list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account with it.
Steps to Close CommunityBank of Texas Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in the case of a joint bank account, then refer to this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of CommunityBank of Texas near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you for your name and bank account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank, then you can call customer service, use the official website. And also message the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.communitybankoftx.com
- Phone Number: 1-866-552-6668
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CommunityBankofTexas/
Just visit the nearest branch or location of the bank and follow the steps explained above. You will be able to get your account closed. But you should also know that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.