If you have decided to close your bank account, then this is the only guide that you will need to know everything. In this guide of mine. I will tell you the entire process to close Community Trust Bank account.
The process is very simple but you can not close your account Online. You will have to follow the offline method in which you have to personally visit the branch of the bank.
First of all, before you close your existing account make sure you have an alternative bank account with you. This will help you in a smooth transition from your old account to your new account.
If you already have an extra account with you then that is fine. But in case if you don’t have then choose a good bank for you and get the account opened.
There are so many banks in the United States of America. Choose anyone and get the account opened. Once the new account is fully operational you can close your existing account.
If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to my article in which I have mentioned a few questions that you should ask the bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close Community Trust Bank Account
Follow the instructions given below if you hold an individual account with the bank. But in case if you hold a joint bank account, then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Community Trust Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and reason for the closure.
- Provide the information to the officials.
- Cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits.
- Check your bank account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect an account closure form, fill it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer service, using the official website.
- Official Website: www.ctbi.com
- Phone Number: 1-800-282-7762
This is how you can close your account. Keep in mind that if you are closing your account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.