If you have a bank account with the Commercial Bank of Dubai and now want to close it? Then this guide is made for you. In this guide, I have mentioned the steps that you need to follow to close Commercial Bank of Dubai account. The process is not hard but you just need to know the exact steps and this guide will help you with the steps.
There are be many reasons to close the account. But if you are closing the account to switch banks. Then it is recommended to first open your new or alternative bank account. Choose a good bank for you and then open the account with them.
If you are not sure if the bank is the right one for you. Then you can ask these 9 questions to your bank. If you are satisfied with the answers of the bank. Then you can open your account with them. If not there are many banks operating in the United Arab Emirates which you can choose from.
But if you are closing the account because you are going back to your country from UAE. Then there is no need to open a new bank account. All you have to do is make sure you don’t have any dues or negative balance in your account. If you have then you first have to clear the dues before you start the process.
About Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Type of Bank||Public|
|Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Area Served||United Arab Emirates|
|Operating Income (2019)||$826 million|
|Net Income (2019)||$381 million|
Steps to Close Commercial Bank of Dubai Account
There is no online method to close down your bank account in the Commercial Bank of Dubai. I have explained an offline method below. But if you hold a joint bank account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of CBD.
- Collect your unused cheques and debit cards.
- Carry a proper identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the customer support desk.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you the reason why you are doing it.
- Provide the reason, your name, and the account number to the officials.
- Collect the account closure form from the bank officials.
- Make your bank account balance zero, fill the form, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact CBD Bank?
You can get the contact information from the official website of the bank as well. But I have provided it below for you. You can call the bank or also message them on their official social media profiles.
- Phone Number: 600 575 556, (within UAE) +971 600 575 556 (Outside UAE)
- Twitter: twitter.com/CBDUAE
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CBDUAE
- Website: www.cbd.ae
These are the steps you need to follow to close Commercial Bank of Dubai account. The bank may charge or may not for the closure of your account. To know more about the charge I recommend you to contact the customer care of the bank.