Banks accounts are an essential part of our modern lifestyle. And that is the reason why we need a bank account irrespective of the country we are in. This guide is for the people who have a bank account with the Commercial Bank International, UAE. I will tell you the steps by following which you will be able to close CBI Bank account.
There can be two scenarios when someone decides to close the account. The first one is maybe the person is switching banks. If this is your case then you will need an alternative bank account. In case you already have an account with another bank then it is fine.
If you don’t have another account then you will have to open a new one. For that choose a good bank for you, there are many banks operating in the United Arab Emirates. If you want assistance in choosing the right bank for you. Then refer to this guide and ask these questions to the bank. You will be able to decide on your new bank.
And the second scenario can be you are leaving the United Arab Emirates and going back to your country. In this case, you may need to close down your bank account before exiting from the UAE. In both scenarios, you have to make your bank account balance zero.
Please make sure you make the balance zero on the day of closing. If you do it well in advance then the bank may charge you for the non-maintenance of sufficient funds. However, this depends upon the type of account you hold with the bank. In the case of a joint account, the bank needs the consent of all the account holders.
Steps to Close Commercial Bank International Account
- Locate the nearest branch of CBI near you.
- Collect your unused cheques, debit cards, etc.
- Carry a proper identification proof document with you.
- Visit the branch.
- Go to the customer support counter of the branch.
- Tell the bank officials that you wish to close down your bank account.
- Provide your name, bank account number, and the reason to close the account.
- The bank officials will hand over an account closure form to you.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials along with your unused cheques and debit cards.
How to Contact CBI Bank?
This is how you can close CBI Bank account. But you have to ensure there is no dues pending and negative balance in your account. In case you have any then you first have to pay them and then the bank will allow you to close the account. For more information about the account closing charges I recommend you to contact the bank.