If you have decided to close your bank account. Then you have all the rights to do it. But there is a proper way to do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close CommerceOne Bank account.
Every bank will be having a few terms and conditions that the customers have to agree to while closing the account. But there is no need to worry as these are very basic things.
The first thing is about the balance you have in your account. There should be no negative balance or pending dues in your account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. And the next thing is about the payments that are running on your bank account.
Once your account is closed all your payments will start failing. And it is completely your responsibility to take care of these and not that of the bank.
So the best thing you can do is move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you ensure that all the payments are running without any issues.
If you already have an alternative account with you. Then that is fine. But in case if you don’t have then I highly recommend you to open one before you close your existing account.
There are so many banks in the United States of America to choose from. So if you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions to ask the bank before opening an account with it.
I usually don’t recommend my readers close the account online. That is because of the high rejection rate. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method that I have explained below.
Steps to Close CommerceOne Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps mentioned in this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of CommerceOne Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank, then you can call customer service and use the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.commerceonebank.com
- Phone Number: 205-719-5750
This is how you can get your account closed. But you also need to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.