If we look for the reasons why someone might close the bank account. Then we will mind many, many in the sense some will have their personal reasons and some others might have professional reasons. Let us not get into reasons and learn how you can close Columbia Bank account.
Before you start you have to check your bank account balance if there are any dues pending or negative balance. In case if you have any then you will have to first clear those. And then start with the process of closing down your bank account. If you don’t know the reason for the negative balance in your account then you can contact the bank.
The bank will be able to explain to you the exact reason why there is such a balance in your account. And once the bank starts the process of closing down your account. You can not use your account in any way. So before you close the existing account make sure you have made arrangements for your alternative bank account.
If you have an account with another bank already then there is no need to open a new account. But in case if you don’t then you choose any bank and get your new account opened. If you need assistance in choosing the bank. Then read my article in which I have discussed the questions you should ask the bank before opening the account.
About Columbia Bank (Columbia State Bank)
|Headquarters||Tacoma, Washington, United States|
Steps to Close Columbia Bank Account
There is no online method that you can follow to get your account closed. Even I did not find any resource on the official website of the bank about the same. And that is the reason why I have explained the offline method below in this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Columbia Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank with the above-mentioned documents.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you have decided to close your account.
- Provide your name and bank account number to the officials.
- Once your account is located the officials will check if there are any complications with your account.
- You will be given an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign, and submit it to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information about closing your account. You can reach the team of Columbia Bank by calling customer care. I did not find any official social media profiles of the bank so I have not mentioned any below.
- Official Website: www.columbiabank.com
- Phone Number: (877) 272-3678
Sometimes the customers are asked to pay the account closing charges in some banks. These charges are totally depended upon the type of account you have and the time period of your relationship with the bank, etc. So to find out the exact charges you can contact the bank directly.