There are so many banks in the United States, we can see various types of banks too. And community-based banks are one of the types of banks that are operating in the United States. In this guide, we will be discussing one such bank. If you are planning to close Clear Mountain Bank account. Then this is the guide you will need.
The process of closing down your bank account is very simple. But it is not online, here what I mean is you can not get your account closed online. So you will have to follow the offline method to do it. But there is no need to worry as the process stands very simple and is not complicated.
The first thing you have to make sure of is that there is no negative balance or dues pending in your account. If you have any then you will first have to clear all of those. And then you can approach the bank and request it to close down your bank account.
Usually, the bank does not allow the customers to close the account without clearing the dues. So I recommend you clear all the dues. (if any) And only then approach the bank to close the account. If you have any automatic payments running then you should cancel all of those.
Because once the account is closed all the payments will start failing. So before you close the account you should set up all your automatic payments and direct deposits from your alternative bank account. This will help you in a smooth transition from your Clear Mountain Bank account to another account.
About Clear Mountain Bank
|Headquarters||Bruceton Mills, West Virginia|
Steps to Close Clear Mountain Bank Account
As I have already mentioned that there is no online method that can be followed by you. You can find the offline instructions given below. These instructions are for those people who hold an individual account with the bank. In case you have a joint bank account then you can read my linked guide here.
- Locate the nearest branch of the Clear Mountain Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Check your bank account balance for any dues or negative balance. (clear if any)
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Share the request information, collect, fill, and submit the account closure request form to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank for any reason or to get more information. Then you can do that by calling the customer care of the bank. And also by messaging the bank on its official social media profiles. The contact information mentioned below is taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.clearmountainbank.com
- Phone Number: 304 379 2265
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/clearmountainbank
This is how you can close your bank account. While you are visiting the branch of the bank carry your own pen and a piece of paper if possible. Because if you don’t get the account closure request form at the branch. Then you can write an application to your bank for the closure using your pen and paper.