If you have decided to close your bank account. Then in this guide, I will tell you how you can close Chickasaw Community Bank account.
The process is simple and you can make it even simpler. There are two things that you need to take care of in this process of preparation.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you have cleared all the dues.
The second thing is you have to take care of all of your automatic payments and the direct deposits. You should move them to your alternative account.
This is very important because once your account is closed by the bank. All your payments and deposits will start failing. So to avoid this you can set them up with your alternative account.
Steps to Close Chickasaw Community Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the bank then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Chickasaw Community Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, identity proof document, debit cards, and your unused cheques.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing your account.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how you can close your account. Also, you should keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.