If you are planning to close Cathay Bank account, then it can be done very easily. You have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balance in your account. And approach the bank with your request of closing down the bank account. In this guide, I have explained everything that you need to know during the process.
About Cathay Bank
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, US|
Steps to Close Cathay Bank Account
While writing this guide I referred to some online resources to find out if there is an online method to close the account. But I did not find any. So that is why I have explained an offline method below in this guide. This guide is written by keeping the individual account holders in mind. In case you are a joint bank account holder then read this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Cathay Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, identity proof document, unused cheques, and debit cards with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing the account.
- Provide the details to the officials.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill and submit the account closure form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to know more about the account closing process. Then you can contact the bank by calling the customer support number. Or you can even message the bank on its official social media profile. All the contact details mentioned below are taken from the official website of Cathay Bank.
- Official Website: cathaybank.com
- Phone Number: 800-922-8429
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/cathaybank/
This is how you can close your bank account. Just keep in mind that once the bank account is closed you will not be able to use it for any transaction. So before you start the process of closing down the account. I recommend you make arrangements for an alternative bank account.