There are so many banks in the United States of America to which you can switch to. But it is recommended to close your old unused bank account after your transition to the new account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Canyon Community Bank account.
The process is really simple but there are two different things that you need to take care of about your account. So let me first explain to you those things. And then I will tell you not online but the offline method to close the account permanently.
The first thing to be taken care of is the balance that you have in your account. There should be no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
The next thing is you will have to move all your automatic payments or direct deposits to your alternative account. This is a very important step to be taken. Because if you don’t move your payments then all of them will start failing once your account is closed by the bank.
Steps to Close Canyon Community Bank Account
If you are planning to close your individual account then follow this guide. But in case if you want to close your joint account. Then refer to this linked guide. Because the process of closing down a joint account is a little different when compared to that of an individual account.
- Locate the nearest branch of Canyon Community Bank near you.
- Take your debit card, cheques, passbook, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and how them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Once you submit the filled and signed account closure request form. The bank will start the process of closing your account. But you should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. If you want to know more about the fees and charges. Then you can contact the bank directly.