If you have decided to close your bank account for some reason. Then you can use this guide to learn the process of closing it. In this guide of mine, I will tell you how you can close California Bank & Trust account.
The process is very simple but you can not close the account online. You will have to follow the offline method that has been explained below.
You can even call customer service as well. But still, I recommended you follow the offline method. The reason is the success rate is very high in the offline method when compared to others.
The first thing to start with is there should be no negative balance in your account. If you have any then you have to clear it first. And you are free to approach the bank.
The next thing is once to submit your closing request to the bank. You can not use your account for any kind of transaction even in emergencies.
So to make sure that you don’t lose access to the banking system. It is recommended that you make arrangements for your alternative bank account beforehand.
If you already have an account with another bank. Then that is fine. But in case if you don’t then choose a good bank for you and get the account opened.
There are so many banks in the United States. And sometimes it gets confusing to choose a good one. So I have listed the questions you should ask the bank before opening your account.
Visit the bank or contact the bank over the phone. And ask these questions, based on the answers you get from the bank. You will be able to decide if you should open an account with that particular bank or not.
Steps to Close California Bank & Trust
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint bank account. Then please follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of California Bank & Trust near you.
- Take your debit cards, unused cheques, passbook, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials at the helpdesk, tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide the information and show your identity proof document.
- Cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer service, using the official website of the bank. And you can also message the support team of the bank on its official social media profiles.
- Official Website: www.calbanktrust.com
- Phone Number: (800) 400-6080
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/calbanktrust
This is how you can close your bank account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.