If you have decided to close your bank account. Then you have all the rights to do it. But there is a proper set of steps to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close BTH Bank account.
The first thing you have to do is check your account for any pending dues and negative balance. In case if you have any then you have to clear those.
Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you pay all the dues. The next thing is all your payments will start failing once the account is closed.
So you will have to move all your automatic payments and the direct deposits to your alternative bank account. And this has to be done before your close the account.
In case if you don’t have an alternative account. Then I recommend you to get one opened before you close your existing one with BTH Bank.
Steps to Close BTH Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in the case of a joint bank account follow this linked article.
- Locate the nearest branch of BTH Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close the account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show your identity proof document to the officials.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information about closing your account. You can contact the bank by calling customer service, use the official website.
- Official Website: www.bthbank.com
- Phone Number: (800) 947-0142
This is how you can get your account closed by one last visit to the branch of the bank. But keep in mind if you are closing your account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.