When someone wants to close the bank account he or she owns. The first impression they get in their mind is “Closing the account is a tough task”, but that is not true at all. In fact, you can close the account very easily. This guide is all about the steps to follow to close Bridge Bank account.
Before you approach the bank you have to make sure that you don’t have any negative balance in your account. Because if you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account. So you will first have to clear all the dues and then you can approach the bank.
And once the bank takes your request and the closing process starts. You can not use your account for any transactions. So you will have to make sure that you have an alternative bank account with you. I am talking about an account with another bank.
If you already have one then there is no need to open a new account. But if you don’t have one. Then I highly recommend you to open one with another bank. However, there are so many banks that are operating in the United States of America.
All you need to do is choose a bank that you feel is good for you. And get the account opened with that bank. In case you need assistance in choosing your next bank. Then I have an article that will help you. Ask these questions to your bank before opening the account. And based on the answers you get you will be able to take your decision.
Steps to Close Bridge Bank Account
You can not get your account closed online there is no such process that I found online during my research. So what I decided for this guide is to explain an offline method that will work for you. If you have an individual account then follow the steps mentioned below and in case of a joint bank account follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bridge Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the customer helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your Bridge Bank account.
- The officials will ask you for your name, bank account number, and the reason why you are closing the account.
- Provide them the required details and collect an account closure request form.
- Check your bank account balance and make it zero.
- Fill the form, sign it and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by using the official website, by calling customer support, and also by messaging the bank on its official social media profile.
- Official Website: www.westernalliancebancorporation.com/bridge-bank-home/
- Phone Number: (408) 423-8500
- Twitter: twitter.com/bridgebank
If you are unable to get the account closure request form at the branch. Then you can also submit a written request to the bank. And make sure you are personally visiting the branch of the bank and not sending anyone else on your behalf. If you really can not reach the bank then contact customer support and tell them about your problem.