We all use a bank account in fact most of us have more than one account. Just like opening the account we also come across times when we need to close down the account that we are not going to use anymore. In this guide of mine, I will tell you the process that you need to follow to close blueharbor Bank account.
There is no online method to close down your bank account. You will have to follow the offline method which is explained below. But before you close your existing account I recommend you make arrangements for your alternative bank account.
In case you already have an account with another bank then it is not required to open a new account. But in case if you don’t have. Then choose a good bank for yourself, there are many banks operating in the United States, and get an account opened for yourself.
Steps to Close blueharbor Bank Account
If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then read my article in which I have listed some questions you should ask your new bank before opening the account. The steps mentioned below can be followed by the people who hold an individual account with blueharbor. In case you hold a joint bank account then refer to this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of blueharbor Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and your identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the requested details to the bank officials.
- Check your bank account balance and make it zero.
- Collect an account closure request form from the officials.
- Fill the form, sign it and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information, you can contact the bank. You can reach the support team on the official website of the bank and by calling customer care.
- Official Website: blueharborbank.com
- Mooresville HQ Phone Number: 704.662.7700
- Huntersville Phone Number: 704.990.7200
- Downtown Mooresville Phone Number: 980.444.6670
- Statesville Phone Number: 704.380.3101
- Morehead City Phone Number: 252.629.1433
- Belmont Phone Number: 704.214.6422
This is how you can easily get your account closed. But here you should note two things and that is first of all make sure you don’t have any negative balance or dues pending. If you have any then clear those first. And the second thing is to cancel all automatic payments from and direct deposits to your blueharbor Bank before starting the process of closing down. And in case if you are closing the account too early then the bank may also charge you account closing charges.