If you have made your mind to close down your bank account. Then I am here to help you out. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank of Texas Account.
The process is very simple and there are no complicated steps at all. But you have to take care of a few things before you approach the bank to close your account.
The first one is you have to make sure that you don’t have any negative balance in your account. If you have any kind of dues pending in the account.
Then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. So get those cleared first. If you don’t know how to do it. Then you can contact the bank for help.
The next thing is once your account closing request is taken by the bank. You will not be allowed to use it for any kind of transaction.
So before you submit your application make sure you have an alternative account with you. If you don’t have then there is no need to worry.
There are so many banks in the United States from which you can choose one. And in case you need help in choosing your next bank. Then refer to this list of questions.
One more very important thing is you have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. Because the payments will start failing.
So you should set them up with your alternative bank account. Please keep in mind that it is completely your responsibility to manage these payments and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close Bank fo Texas Account
I don’t recommend you close the account online as the success rate is very low. So I recommend you follow the offline method.
- Locate the nearest branch of the Bank of Texas account.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Empty your account by making the balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
If you have an individual account then you can follow the above-mentioned steps. But in case of a joint account refer to this guide. If you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.