It is very obvious that every business in the world tries to attract more and more customers. And this stays true for the banks too. But sometimes the banks fail to keep up to the expectations of the customers. And this is where the customers decide to close down their accounts. In this guide of mine, I will tell you the steps that you need to follow to close Bank of Hawaii account.
This is a piece of bad news for the bank and at the same time, there can be so many reasons why you might have decided to close the account. Some of us might give a professional reason, and some of us might end up with a personal reason. And some of us might just not be using the bank account much or don’t want to use it anymore. It is a great decision you have made to close down the unused bank account.
Because it is a real pain to maintain multiple bank accounts that we are no more using. But before you approach the bank you should make sure there are no pending dues or negative balances in your account. In case if you have any then take proper steps to bring down the balance to zero. The other thing is once the process of closing is started by the bank you are not allowed to use the account for any kind of transaction.
So make sure that you have an alternative bank account ready with you before closing the one you have with the Bank of Hawaii. There are simply many banks that are operating in the United States. Just choose the one which you feel is the right one for you. And get your account opened with it.
About Bank of Hawaii
|Headquarters||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Number of Employees (2016)||2,000+|
Steps to Close Bank of Hawaii Account
The things are simple but you can not do them online. What I mean is there is no online method to close the account. So you will have to follow the offline method only. I have written this guide by keeping the individual account holders in mind. So if you hold a joint bank account with the Bank of Hawaii, then the steps are a little different. To learn more about closing down a joint bank account refer to this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of the Bank of Hawaii near you.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, unused cheques, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close down your account.
- The officials will ask you for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the requested information to the officials.
- Once your account is found, the officials will handover a closure request form to you.
- Fill the form with all the details, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank for more information. I have provided the contact details that are available on the official website of the Bank of Hawaii. You can get in touch with the bank by calling the customer or by messaging the bank on their official social media profile.
- Official Website: www.boh.com
- Phone Number: 643 3888
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/bankofhawaii
- Twitter: twitter.com/bankofhawaii
This is how simple it is to close your bank account. And when it comes to the alternative bank account. If you need assistance in choosing your next bank. Then read my list of 9 questions that you can ask the bank before opening your account. Based on the answers you receive from the bank. You will be able to decide if you should open the account with the bank or no.