There are so many reasons that may lead to a closure of a bank account. No matter why you have planned to close your account, I will help you out in this regard. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank of Botetourt account.
The process is very simple. But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. You have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues.
In case you have any then you will have to clear all the dues. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
Once your account is closed by the bank all your payments and deposits will start failing. But there is a way to avoid failure.
The best thing you can do is move all your payments and the deposits to your alternative bank account. But make sure that you do this before you request the bank to close your account.
Steps to Close Bank of Botetourt Account
If you have an individual account then follow this guide. But in case you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of Bank of Botetourt near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit card, and anyone identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill out the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your account. But keep one thing in your mind. In case there are any account closing charges. Then the bank officials will let you know about them.