The process is very simple. And you can make it even simpler by preparing your bank account to be closed. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you will have to make sure that there are no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues.
You can avoid this by moving all your payments and deposits to your alternative bank account. But make sure you do this before your account is closed by the bank.
Steps to Close Bank of Bluffs Account
If you have an individual account then follow this guide. But in case you have a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of Bank of Bluffs near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill out the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.