Before you approach your bank and ask it to close your account. You will have to prepare your account to be closed. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. You will have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in your account.
So to avoid this you should move all your payments and deposits to your alternative bank account. You have to do this before you approach your bank to close your account.
Steps to Close Bank of Bird-in-Hand Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case you hold a joint bank account then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank of Bird-in-Hand near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill out the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.