If you want to close your bank account. Then I am here to help you out. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank of Bennington account.
But before you reach your bank and request it to close your account. You have to prepare your bank account to be closed.
There are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because until you do it the bank will not allow you to close your account.
This is very important. Because once your account is closed by the bank all your payments and deposits will start failing.
You can avoid this by setting up all your automatic payments and direct deposits with your alternative bank account. Just make sure you set up everything up before you request the bank to close your account.
Steps to Close Bank of Bennington Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case, you hold a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank of Bennington near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill out the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Other than these things there is one more thing you should know. And that is if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. You can contact the bank for more details.