There are so many reasons to close a bank account and everyone has their own to quote. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank of Belleville account.
The process that you have to follow is very simple. But you have to make sure that your account is ready to be closed by the bank.
Basically, there are two things that you have to take care of. The first thing is the balance that you have in your bank account.
You have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in your account. In case you have any then you will have to clear those.
The bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. The second thing is about your automatic payments and the direct deposits.
Once your account is closed by the bank all your payments and deposits will start failing. So to avoid this you will have to move all your payments and deposits to your alternative account.
Steps to Close Bank of Belleville Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case you hold a joint account then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank of Belleville near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill out the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
There is one more thing you should know. And that is if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.