The process to close a bank account is easy. But the customers feel it is a difficult process. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank of Belle Glade account.
Before you get started with the process you will have to prepare your account to be closed. And there are two things you need to take care of.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you will have to make sure that you don’t have any negative balances or pending dues in your account.
Because in case you have any then the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues. The second thing is you will have to take care of your automatic payments and direct deposits.
This is very important because once your account is closed by the bank all your payments and deposits will start failing.
You can avoid this by moving your payments and deposits to your alternative bank account. Please keep in mind that you should do this before your account is closed by the Bank of Belle Glade.
Steps to Close Bank of Belle Glade Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case you hold a joint account then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank of Belle Glade near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
If you are closing your bank account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.