The things that are involved in the process of closing a bank account are very easy. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank of Bearden account.
There are two things that you need to take care of before you approach the bank. So let me explain those two things first to you.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. This has to be done to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in the account.
In case you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
The second thing is regarding your automatic payments and the direct deposits. You will have to move all of your payments and deposits to your alternative account.
This will help you to make sure that all your payments are up and running even after your account is closed by the Bank of Bearden.
Steps to Close Bank of Bearden Account
The steps given below are for those customers who hold an individual account in the bank. If you have a joint account then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank of Bearden near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Other than these things you should also keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.