If you are planning to close down your bank account. Then this article will help you in doing it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank of Bartlett account.
There are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances.
In case you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
So to avoid this you will have to move all your payments and deposits to your alternative bank account. You should do this before your account is closed by the bank.
Steps to Close Bank of Bartlett Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. And in case you want to close a joint account then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank of Bartlett near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them with the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Other than these things there is one more thing you need to keep in mind. And that is if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.