The process that you will have to follow to close your bank account is very easy. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank Michigan account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are two things that you need to take care of regarding your account.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in your account.
Because if you have any then the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues. The second thing is about your automatic payments and the direct deposits.
Once your account is closed all your payments and deposits will start failing. So to avoid this you can move all your payments and deposits to your alternative bank account.
Steps to Close Bank Michigan Account
This guide can be followed if you want to close an individual account. But in case you want to close a joint account then you can follow this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank Michigan near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you want to close the account.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down the balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening the account. Then the bank may also ask you to pay the account closing charges.