In general, people how they can open a bank account. But not how they can close one. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank Iowa account.
Before you approach the bank and request you to close the account. You will have to prepare your account to be closed.
There are two things that you have to take care of. The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances.
If you have any then you will have to clear those before approaching the bank. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
Once your account is closed by the bank all your payments will start failing. So to avoid this you can set up your payments with your alternative account.
Steps to Close Bank Iowa Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case you hold a joint account then you can follow this linked guide here.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank Iowa near you.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, cheques, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you wish to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.