Bank accounts are not an integral part of our day-to-day life. We need an account to manage our money but sometimes we also have to close the account we have. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank 34 account.
I hardly recommend my readers to close the account online. That is because of the low success rate online. Instead of that, I recommend everyone to follow the offline method to do it.
But before you reach the bank and request it to close the account. There are two things that you have to take care of. So let us first discuss those.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in the account. If you have anything pending then you will have to close those.
Second, you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This is very important to make sure that all the payments are running without any issues.
If you already have an alternative account then that is fine. But in case if you don’t. Then I recommend you open one before you close your existing account.
There are so many banks in the United States of America to choose from. If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions.
Steps to Close Bank 34 Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank 34 near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check all the details you have filled, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your account by visiting the nearest branch of the bank. The main reason why I recommend you offline method is. Even if there are any issues with your account you can get them cleared offline. The same can not be done online. At the same time, you should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.