If you want to close your bank account then the process is easy than you think. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank 21 account.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close your bank there are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is regarding the balance you have in your account.
You have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in your account. In case if you have any then you will have to clear those.
Once your account is closed by the bank all your payments and deposits will start failing. You can avoid your payments and deposits failing.
That is by setting up payments and deposits with your alternative bank account. Please keep in mind that this is completely your responsibility to move the payments and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close Bank 21 Account
If you have an individual account then follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank 21 near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how you can close your bank account. You should also keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.