If you want to close your bank account. Then you can do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close BancCentral account.
The process is very easy. And you can make the process even easier by preparing your account to be closed. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
In case if you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues.
The second thing is you will have to take care of your automatic payments and the direct deposits. You will have to move them to your alternative account.
This will help you to make sure that none of your payments and deposits fail even after your account is closed by BancCentral.
Steps to Close BancCentral Account
If you want to close an individual account then follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of BancCentral near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Follow these steps and you will be able to close your account. But also keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.