There are so many reasons to close a bank account. So le us not start counting those and learn the process to be followed to close it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Baltic State Bank account.
Before you begin with the process there are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is you have to check your account balance.
And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in the account. In case if you have any then you’ll have to clear those.
Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues that are pending in your account.
The second thing is related to the payments and deposits that are running on your account. Once your account is closed by Baltic State Bank all your payments will start failing.
So to avoid this there is one thing you can do. And that is you can move all your payments and the deposits to your alternative account.
This will help you make sure that none of your payments are failing. Keep in mind that this is completely your responsibility and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close Baltic State Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you have a joint account to be closed. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Baltic State Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Other than these things there is one more thing that you should make a note of. And that is if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.