If you want to close your bank account then let me tell you that the process is easy than you think. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Baker Boyer Bank account.
Before you approach your bank and request the bank to close your account. There are two things that you will have to take care of.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that you don’t have any pending dues or negative balances in your account.
In case if you have any then you will have to clear those. This is important because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
This will help you to make sure that none of your payments fail once your account is closed by the bank. The bank will not do this for you. You will have to do it by yourself.
Steps to Close Baker Boyer Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Baker Boyer Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
There is one more thing you should keep in mind. And that is if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.