The process that you have to follow is very simple. And you can make it even more simple. And that is by preparing your account to be closed.
There are two things to be taken care of. So let us first learn about those things. The first thing is you have to check your account balance.
You have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues.
You have to move all of them to your alternative account. This will help you to make sure that none of your payments are failing to post your account closure.
Steps to Close Badger Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Badger Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheque, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how simple it is to close your account. But there is one thing you should keep in mind. And that is if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. You can contact the bank for more details.