There are so many banks to choose from in the USA. So if you don’t like your current bank. Then you can always switch to another one. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Axos Bank account.
The process that you have to follow is very simple. And we can make it even more simple. That is by preparing the account to be closed.
First of all, you will have to check the balance that you have in your account. There should be no pending dues and negative balances in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not let you close your account until you clear all your dues.
The next thing is you will have to take care of all your automatic payments and the direct deposits. You have to move all of them to your alternative account.
This will help you to make sure that all of your payments are up and running even after your Axos Bank account is closed.
Steps to Close Axos Bank Account
Follow the steps given below to close your account.
- Locate where is the nearest branch of Axos Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them with the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how simple and easy it is to get your account closed. Also, keep in mind that if you approach the bank to close your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.