The process is very simple. But there are two things that you need to take care of. So before you begin with the process let me tell you about those two things.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because until you clear all the dues the bank will not allow you to close the account.
This is a very important thing. Because if you don’t do this. Then all your automatic payments and the direct deposits start failing once your account is closed by the bank.
Steps to Close Axiom Bank Account
If you have an individual account with Axiom Bank then follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Axiom Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
You will be able to easily close your account if you follow these 9 steps. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.