When you have an account with any bank you own your bank account. So you can close it anytime you wish provided you don’t have contact with your bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Avidia Bank account.
The process is very simple and you can make it even more simple by preparing your account to be closed. There are two things you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
If you don’t do this then all your payments will start failing once your account is closed by Avidia Bank. And the thing you should make a note of here is. This is not the bank’s responsibility but yours.
Steps to Close Avidia Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you have a joint account to be closed. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Avidia Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them with the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how simple it is to close your account. But keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the closing charges.