The process that you have to follow to close a bank account is very easy. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close AVB Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. You will have to prepare your account to be closed. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing you have to take care of is your account balance. You will have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in the account.
This will help you to make sure that all your payments and deposits are running without any issues. And also keep in mind that the bank will not do it for you.
Steps to Close AVB Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of AVB Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them with your details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
You should also keep in mind the account closing charges. The bank may ask you to pay the charges if you are closing the account within one year of opening it.