If you have decided to close your account. Then this guide will help you out with the process. In this guide, I have explained how you can close Availa Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. You will have to prepare your account to be closed by the bank.
In this process, there are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close an account with pending dues or negative balances.
This will help you to make sure that none of your payments and deposits fail after your account is closed by Availa Bank.
Steps to Close Availa Bank
If you hold an individual account with Availa Bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Availa Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Other than these 9 steps there is one more thing you need to take care of. And that is you are closing your account before one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.