If you are planning to close your account. Then you have landed on the right article. In this article, I will tell you how you can close your Austin Country Side Bank account.
There is no online process that has been discussed in this guide. Instead of that, I have explained an offline method in which you will have to visit the branch of the bank for one last time.
But before you visit the branch, I mean before you approach the bank. You will have to take care of a few things regarding your account.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues.
The second thing is you need to move all your automatic payments and the direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you make sure that none of your payments fails once your account is closed.
Steps to Close Austin Country Side Bank Account
If you have an individual account to be closed. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of the Austin Country Side Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the officials.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form.
The bank will close your account if you follow these steps. But keep in mind. If you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.