If you have an account with any bank. Then you can request the bank to close your account. But there is a proper process to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Auburn State Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are two things that you need to take care of about your account.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances in your account.
If you have any negative balance or pending dues in your account. Then you will have to clear those. Because until you clear those dues the bank will not allow you to close the account.
The second thing is you will have to take care of all of your automatic payments and direct deposits. You should move all of them to your alternative account.
This will help you to ensure that all your payments are up and running even after your account is closed by the Auburn State Bank.
Steps to Close Auburn State Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Auburn State Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and your reason for closing the account.
- Provide them with the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
If you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.