If you want to close your bank account then you can do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Auburn Savings Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. You need to take care of two things regarding your account.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not let you close the account until you clear all the dues.
This will help you to make sure that your payments are running without any issues. And do keep in mind that you have to do this manually and the bank will not do it for you.
Steps to Close Auburn Savings Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you have a joint account. Then you should follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Auburn Savings Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document.
- Visit the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them with the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
If you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.