If you are planning to close your bank account. Then you can do that very easily. But there is a proper process that you have to follow. In this guide, I will explain to you the process to close Athol Savings Bank account.
First of all, you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in your account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the pending dues.
You should do this before you close your account. In case you don’t do this then all your payments and the deposits will start failing once your account is closed.
Steps to Close Athol Savings Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of Athol Savings Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Also, note that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.