This guide is for the people who have decided to close the bank account they have. In this guide, I have explained the process to close Atascosa Bank account.
The process is really simple. And you can make it even more simple. That is by preparing your account to be closed before approaching the bank.
There are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is the balance you have in your account. Check your account balance and make sure you don’t have any negative balances or pending dues.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all your dues.
This is very important and will help you to make sure that all your payments and deposits are running even after your account is closed.
Steps to Close Atascosa Bank Account
If you have an individual account to be closed. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Atascosa Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you want to close your account.
- Provide them with the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
You can close your account by following these steps. But you will need to keep one more thing in your mind. And that is if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.