If you have a bank account that you need no more. Then you can close it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Astra Bank account.
The process is really very simple. You can make it even more simple by preparing your account to get closed. There are two things that are to be taken care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not let you close the account until you clear all your pending dues.
All your payments and deposits should be moved to your alternative bank account. This will help you to make sure all your payments and deposits are running even after your existing account is closed.
Steps to Close Astra Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Astra Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, cheques, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them with your details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how simple it is to close your account. If you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.