Associated Bank is one of the many banks that are operating in the United States of America. And if you have decided to get your account closed. Then this is the guide you will need. Because, in this guide, I will tell you the steps you need to follow to close Associated Bank account.
Before you approach the bank to close your account. You should make sure that there is no dues pending or negative balance in your account. In case if you have anything pending, then you will have to clear all of those first. And then the bank will allow you to start the process.
If you have no negative balance and there are no complications with your bank account. Then the process will be buttery smooth. But alongside you also should keep in mind that once the closing process starts you can not use your account in any way for any transactions.
So you should make sure you have an alternative bank account with you. In case you already have an account with another bank then that is good. But if you don’t have one then I recommend you to open a new one before closing the existing one which you have with Associated Bank.
There are so many banks from which you can choose one. If you are undecided about your next bank. Then you can read my list of 9 questions that you should ask your new bank before opening the account. Based on the answers you receive you will be easily able to make your decision.
About Associated Bank
|Headquarters||Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States|
|Number of Locations||230+|
|Number of Employees||4,200+|
Steps to Close Associated Bank Account
I did not find any online method that can be used by the customers to close the account. So I have mentioned an offline method in which the customer has to visit the branch personally. This guide is written by keeping the individual account holders in mind. If you are a joint bank account holder then read this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Associated Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you have decided to close the account you have with the bank.
- The officials will ask you the reason why you are closing the account.
- Tell your reason and bring down the account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with all the details like your name, account number, etc. Sign the form and submit it to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you have any questions in your mind or need more information. Then you can contact the bank by calling customer care or messaging on the bank’s official social media profile. The contact information that I have mentioned below is taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.associatedbank.com
- Phone Number: 800 236 8866
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/associatedbank
- Twitter: twitter.com/AssociatedBank
Everybody might not feel this method to be the simplest method to close the account. But this is the most effective method. The failure rate in this method is equal to nothing. So I always recommend my readers to go and visit the branch personally and get the account closed.