If you have decided to close your bank account for any reason. Then you can do that. But there is a proper process to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you the process to close Asian Pacific National Bank account.
The process is very simple. But before you begin with the process you should prepare your account to be closed. And this takes 2 things.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances.
If you have any then you will have to clean those. Because the bank will not let you close the account until you clear all the dues.
The second thing is you have to take care of all your payments and the deposits. You should move all of them to your alternative bank account.
This will help you to make sure that all your payments and deposits are running without any issues. If you don’t move all your payments and deposits. They start failing once your account is closed.
Steps to Close Asian Pacific National Bank
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Asian Pacific National Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how you can close your account. You should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.