Before you approach your bank and request it to close your account. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. You have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. This is important because the bank will not let you close your account until you clear all the dues.
This will help you to make sure that all your payments are up and running even after your account is closed. If you don’t do this. Then all your payments and the deposits will start failing.
Steps to Close Ashton State Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Ashton State Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them with the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.