If you have planned to close your account. Then this guide will help you out with the process that you have to follow. In this guide, I have explained the process to close Arundel Federal Savings Bank account.
The process is really simple. But before you get started with the process. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
If you don’t do this then all your payments and the deposits will start failing once your account is closed. And it is completely your responsibility to take care of those.
Steps to Close Arundel Federal Savings Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Arundel Federal Savings Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Other than these things there is one more thing that you need to know. And that is if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. You can contact the bank to know more about the charges.