The process to close a bank account is very easy. Today we will learn how you can close Arkansas County Bank account.
But before you approach the bank there are two things that you have to take care of. The first thing is you have to check your account balance.
You have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in the account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
Once Arkansas County Bank closes your account. All your payments and deposits will start failing. So to avoid this you will have to move all your payments and deposits to your alternative account.
Steps to Close Arkansas County Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Arkansas County Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how you can close your account. If you are closing it within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.
Note: Arkansas County Bank is now Southern Bancorp.